Try these “read-alikes”
WITS staff spend a lot of time reading and talking about books with students. WITS coordinates programming with kindergarten-eighth graders, making staff well-versed in finding new favorite books for every age group. If you’re looking for gifts for young readers, try these “read-alikes.”
- For fans of Elephant and Piggie’s hilarious stories of friendship, try the “Ballet Cat” and “Pig in a Wig” series.
- If the child in your life loves the smart, silly adventures of “Princess in Black,” check out the “Gum Girl” and “Salem Hyde” series.
- For first-third graders clamoring for scary stories, try the newly re-illustrated “In a Dark Dark Room” and the brand-new “Desmond Cole Ghost Patrol” series.
- Fans of the “Who Would Win?” nonfiction series will love “Animal Smackdowns” and the “True or False” series.
- For admirers of Raina Telgemeier’s coming-of-age graphic novels, check out the slightly-magical “Pashmina” and the Berrybrook Middle School books.
- For kids who have already read every “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” or “Dork Diaries” book, check out “Gabby Garcia’s Ultimate Playbook” and the “Sam Wu” series.
- For kids who loved “Wonder,” try “See You in the Cosmos” and “Counting by 7s”
Purchase one of these titles for a WITS student
Want to make sure WITS students have access to these excellent books? Send us one of these titles included in our Amazon wish list. If you use Amazon to send a gift to WITS, make sure to include a gift note with your name and email address so we can thank you. Happy reading!