RLTA STUDY GROUPS
Rochelle Lee Teacher Award Study Groups are school-based professional learning communities. Study groups develop a goal to guide their learning throughout the school year, and meet monthly to discuss instruction and push their practice to reach their goal. Study Groups allow teachers to have a school-wide impact on student literacy instruction. Applications open early November, close late February, and study group awardees are announced in late April of each year.
BENEFITS OF STUDY GROUPS
- Qualify for Classroom Library Grants valued at up to $800.
Professional text selected by study group to support literacy focus.
- Increased knowledge of professional literature and current researched based literacy best practices.
- Leadership opportunities and professional development facilitation experience.
- A professional collaborative forum.
- Literacy coaching provided three times per year.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR A STUDY GROUP
- Four to eight teachers from the same school interested in pursuing a self-selected literacy focus.
- Study Group Leaders must be a returning RLTA participant.
- Each Study Group should include at least one new RLTA participant.
- There may be more than one Study Group at a school.