Eligibility and Frequently Asked Questions
ROCHELLE LEE TEACHER AWARD APPLICATION PROCESS
- The online application will be available in early November.
- Answer 6-8 questions about your current literacy instructional practices (Study groups answer 2 additional questions about their study group goal).
- Application questions.
- All applications are read and scored by the Selection Committee using the Application Rubric.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE ROCHELLE LEE TEACHER AWARD
- Pre-kindergarten through 8th grade CPS teachers.
- Reading specialist, special education teachers, and librarians.
- Content area teachers who use literature in the classroom.
- Third and fourth year applicants must participate in the RLTA Study Group program.
- Teachers may participate in RLTA programs for a total of four years.
- Four to eight teachers from the same school interested in pursuing a self-selected literacy focus.
- Study Group Leaders must be a returning RLTA participant.
- Each Study Group should include at least one new RLTA participant.
- There may be more than one Study Group at a school.
FACTS ABOUT RLTA SUMMER INSTITUTE
All workshops begin promptly on time. Whenever possible, facilities open 30 minutes prior to the start of the workshop. Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start of your workshop. Those who arrive 10 or more minutes late will not be admitted. No exceptions will be made.
The Literacenter is located at 641 W. Lake St. in Chicago’s thriving West Loop neighborhood at the intersection of Lake and Des Plaines. The building entrance is in the middle of the block on Lake St.
There is metered street parking on most surrounding streets, as well as pay lots on both Jefferson and Fulton. Please make sure you are aware of signage and any parking restrictions in the area. There is a $7 lot on Wayman and Union, directly behind Carnivale.